Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What's The Booth Looking Like These Days...


ALL THAT JAZZ


Jazz goes through a bit of a transformation every few weeks because I can't help moving stuff around. After a while I start getting the urge to shuffle. I guess it's a good thing, last time I shuffled our shop owner told me we consistently have the highest sales of all the booths BECAUSE of that very reason. It appears my shuffling obsession has it's up side!  Buyers enjoy a space that is refreshed and it may help them to see something they may have missed on a previous visit.

My only complaint is furniture. Most of the furniture I have at Jazz has been there since last November. I'm ready for these pieces to move. I've marked them down a couple times and no luck. I don't think I'm overpriced, I tend to mark things on the cheaper side. So for now I will play the waiting game. Hopefully things will pick up furniture wise after everyone has paid their taxes in April! As it stands now, we are selling a lot of smalls. And we have a lot of smalls, so that's a good thing! I shouldn't be complaining too loudly since I only have one table waiting in the wings to replace anything that sells, but MAN I'm getting tired of these same old display pieces! I want a new look!
















This is my new motto!












This is one of those pieces of furniture I was talking about. It started off at $125. I may have been overly optimistic. After two price reductions it currently stands at $85.
















The other dresser that is becoming a nuisance. It has a small nightstand to match and is currently priced at $145 for the pair. It's a little pricier because they have $60 worth of new glass hardware on them. Possibly a mistake on my part, but they had no knobs and I loved the glass ones.

This dresser was my childhood dresser. It came as a 2 dresser/nightstand set that my sister and I shared. She took hers off to college, along with the nightstand and mine got passed to my younger sister. They both went into storage for about 10 years until they came out last Summer and got a makeover. My sister's has always been painted white and mine had an ugly coat of rose added to it at one time. I ended up keeping one dresser to store Jazz bits and pieces in, the one that needed the most TLC.

This dresser actually has a bigger history. It was purchased in the 1960's by my Grandma for my Aunt. She bought it from a Catholic Church in Vancouver, Canada. On their off time, parishioners would make furniture to raise money for the church. The dresser set was then but on a boat and shipped to Prince Rupert Island, Canada where they lived for a few years. When they moved back, it came with them and was at my Grandparents home until they gave it to my sister and I to use. I suppose I should be more sentimental but I'm ready to let it go. If someone will have it!



Michelle has some new things to bring in. I have a few linens I need to iron up and take in too. We'll see if things look similar after we've added in the new merchandise or we go crazy and the whole thing looks different again!


12 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sares,

What a beautiful booth you have and I can see why yours is so popular and treasures sell well.
I love the black and white striped chair and I enjoyed reading about the history of your dresser - it is lovely.

Hope that you are having a great week
Hugs
Carolyn

Theresa MacNaughton said...

The booth is looking absolutely fabulous. Moving things around makes the booth successful because it looks fresh and new - even if the items aren't. :) Great work! Theresa

Anonymous said...

Your booth looks beautiful. I think changing things around is something that all creative people do, regardless of neccessity. I know it happens in our home - a lot. It just an irresistable urge.

Cheers,
Lisa x

All That Jazz said...

It looks great as always, love the chair display in the center!! ;-)
I do feel sad you are selling that dresser, I might actually buy it LOL! I don't even have a dresser believe it or not!
Don't give up on the furniture, remember how well it sold last summer?
XO

Unknown said...

Hi Sares!

I believe it is really true...the more you move and shake up your booth the more inviting it is and more items sell. I've proven that fact over and over in my stores and booths.

Bravo for all your hard work making the booth sparkle and shine. It looks so clean and inviting and tempting to say the least!

I've been praying for customers and for the sun to come out. The weather is taking a nip out of business right now in Lynden over all. Nobody wants to come out to play due to the fact you'll loose your hat to the wind or your might get hit in the head with a pizza box. What a winter! Give me spring pretty please!

Unknown said...

Sares, the transformation is amazing! I can see how your booth is changing and I see sophistication. I love the pillows with big letters. Do you have an ETSY shop?. I bet your smalls will sell like crazy there. I'm a firm believer in shuffling things around. I have costumers that come every weekend faithfully because they don't want to miss a thing since we change and sell quickly. I have had pieces that have sat there for years, no kidding, but I just wait for the right costumer. Every piece of furniture in the shop becomes a prop since I carry so many smalls so I don't necessarily mind. In the small booth situation is kind of different, you really need the space. Again, make them notice it by merchandising it differently. Anyway, by this point I think you have a very good grip on this business. I can understand you been the highest selling dealer, costumers appreciate all your work. Humm...I see a shop sometime in the future Miss little entrepreneur. Blessings, Marta.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I know what you mean Sares. I love changing mine up too and usually I try to do it every Sunday when the shop is closed.

I have some pieces in my booth that I'm so tired of. I think everyone is worried about the economy and they aren't spending as much. We've noticed an increase in smalls and not so much in furniture. We live in a vacation area so we are hoping the visitors take some of this stuff home with them.

I think your booth is lovely and I know it will all sell soon.

hugs
Sissie

Desert Rose said...

Oh the store aways looks so fun you could spend hours in there looking at all the treasures! Things should pick up again soon I think!!!

Anonymous said...

You are really good at merchandising! So may talents - so much beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sares! What a lovely booth! If I lived near by I would take some of your pieces off your hands! :)
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jenna said...

Everytime I see your booth, you always have something I want! I love the little blue bird eggs and The white dresser is to die for! I also like the glass hen candy jar, my grandmother had one of them...love your booth! I hope your having a nice week so far! hugs, Jennifer

C. JoyBell C. said...

Turquoise eggs!!!!!! Heaven is being so wonderful to me!!!!!!!

I am planning on buying turquoise earrings, and bracelets, and necklaces, and just frost myself up with turquoise, I love it so!!!!! ♥