Monday, January 3, 2011

The Post Christmas Booth Shuffle

 Pre~Christmas Jazz

Happy Monday! Christmas has come and gone so I have been spending some time at All That Jazz taking down the Christmas, marking things for sale and doing a general shuffle of merchandise.


Post~Christmas Jazz

This is what the space looked like after the first shuffle. Yes, there was more than one.  See that bookcase on the left? I know, it looks pathetic. I didn't have time to fix it this particular day. Believe it or not it took 4 hours just to take down the tree, rearrange, dust, sweep and put together new vignettes. The shelf was put on the back burner for another day.



A Winter theme





See this mirror. This mirror has been hanging on the wall, easy to access for the last 
5 months. The MINUTE I place it on the table in a fancy vignette with tons of stuff on it,
looking mighty  fabulous if I do say so myself, the darn thing sells. Go figure.





A new little vignette against the back wall. I was really happy with how this turned out,
I thought it was cozy looking. The shop owner 3 doors down must have thought so too
because she bought the white table and it's now in her front window with her own gold
mirror sitting on it! If you look back to the first picture, she also bought the shabby white
stand that sits on the big dining table. It's in her display window now too. I told my
Cousin Michelle, she must like our junk! She's a sweetie though and we have fun
going in her shop.

However, when someone snags one of your big display pieces, you have to shuffle. 
AGAIN.



So yesterday these two pieces got hauled to Jazz. 
The desk and the small white shelf to the right.
Let the shuffling commence.





Pre~Shuffle




Post~Shuffle




Post~Shuffle




New handmade frames Michelle brought in.












Now...about that shelf.



Fixed it.



It now holds all Nana's handmade pretties.



Which used to be housed here in the nook, a small corner closet space.



Now it has sort of turned into the discount nook. Most of the things in here have been
marked down. You know, the stuff that hangs around for a while. Plus some leftover
Christmas decorations.









So one week and three shuffles later, I'm done. Hopefully I won't have to do any more 
shuffles for a bit. It's good exercise though. I'm off to take down the outside xmas lights 
and possibly sand a couple of pieces outside. It's after 11:00 and I believe it's warmed
up to 30degrees out there. Seriously, it's cold. The upside~sunshine. Tomorrow the
temps will warm up to 40 something but bring the rain back with it.  

I am longing for a warm Spring day full of sunshine.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

G'day sweet Tara ~
OMGolly! Wish we didn't live so far away ... you have beautiful items & have done a marvelous re-shuffle! Just beautiful ...

Hope you had a beautiful holiday celebration.

Pop over for our lovely CSN GIVEAWAY!

Have a beautiful New Year ~
TTFN ~
Hugs, Marydon

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Sares!
I know all too well the booth shuffle!!! LOL.

Today was a big day for us at both of our booths. A few dealers came in and nearly cleaned us out and shoppers were in the mood to buy big pieces! Now, the process of finding more stuff is about to begin again. I'm hitting an auction on Wed. so I sure hope I get some good stuff, er ah, junk!


You have so many pretties and it all it so beautifully displayed. I bet you have trouble keeping it full too.

hugs
Sissie

Unknown said...

Hi and happy new year.....your space looks great and I'm in love with the rose needlepoint, the wonderful window idea, and especially nana's lovely crochet items....... very nice
xo,jana

NicNacManiac said...

I must say Sares,
You have become one mean stylist...your booth looks fabulous and all of your treasures are fantastic....I am so proud of you...2011 is going to be your year girlie !! xOxO

Deb said...

wow what a fun tour...love the angel...she looks so sweet...it figures about the mirror..I think people like to dig for their treasures...

Terry said...

Howdy Tara
Oh my gosh you are simply too hard on yourself !!!!!!!!
Everything is truly gorgeous !
You really have such an amazing talent for arranging things .
May the new year bring to you continuous good health, happiness,peace and prosperity with a dose of hearty laughter daily .
I cannot believe it has been such a long time since I have been by to visit.
Life often gets in the way of my blogging .
I will try to do better in the New Year !!
Happy hugs coming to you from Texas
Until next time
Happy Trails

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Good golly I am tired just reading about your shuffles. lol
Wow you have some beautiful things and I love how you know how to place everything just right.
I am trying to work up a giveaway where I would give the winner a gift certificate to one of my followers shops. You will of course be one they should know about. I just have not figured it all out yet but need to get busy.
Happy New Year
Love
Maggie

Paint Girl said...

I just love everything you do! I sure hope you guys sold lots of Christmas stuff!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, goodness, Sares, this is a wonderful post filled with major eye candy. I adore those little snowmen. SO cute, and so many other neat treasures. You did a super job spiffing!

Wishing you all the joys of the New Year...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sares,

Love how you have placed all your gorgeous merchandise in your booth.
Hope that you have a wonderful year with all things that make you happy.

Hugs
Carolyn

Theresa MacNaughton said...

That's a lot of shuffling! LOL Everything looks so pretty, though - you did a great job. Theresa

Bearly Sane said...

Such pretty pretties! Love a little shuffle here and there myself...started on the spare room already.
HAPPY NEW YEAR SARES! (just incase you missed my previous message)
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Ess D'Ess Bears and Bearly Sane Studio

C. JoyBell C. said...

Hey Sareski! How were your New Year celebrations?? You spent it happy with your sweet nephew and nieces, I assume?? I was soooo hhhaaaappppyyyyyy for our New Year celebrations!!!!!!!! LADY GAGAAAAAA!!!!!!! I danced and danced 'til 2:30 AM!!!!!!! HAHAHAAHHAHA!!!!!! Here at home, with family, in our dining and living rooms!!!!!! hahahhaah!!!!!! I got drunk as I planned, then knocked-out on the bed finally at 2:30!!!! hahahahahahaha!!!!!! =D =D

What beautiful things that you have in your store, Sareski! How wonderful for you! No wonder you have so much love to spread and give! You're surrounded all the time by so many heartwarming things! I do wonder where you even get all these things, you know!

A beautiful, heartwarming whole entire 2011 I wish for you, dear! ♥

love,
Bells

Jenna said...

Everything looks so pretty, you sure have a knack for decorating and making so many pretty things...Thank you for stopping by for a visit...I also think if I would lite all those candles, I may not need to pay a heating bill...that could be a good thing!!! and my house would smell wonderful!!! have a super day!

Unknown said...

Looks like you have taken over the whole store! Yeah! Who would ever have thought that you would be rolling right into 2011 with your booth going strong! It is awesome and so tempting!

I'm on my way to mine on Sunday...we had a fantastic December! I'm pricing tonight, lots of old childrens books, childrens watering cans and little girl aprons. My husband has only 1/4 of the booth now...mine, all mine!
Tee hee!

Grab your umbrella...it seems to be raining cats...no dogs! Please say a sweet prayer for my little Misha...she is sick today...a little blood in stool and has the chills.

Micki said...

What a beautiful display of times. Lovely seeing it all!
Micki