Monday, May 4, 2009

Shopping Primitive Style

Two months ago, while shopping in the town's only remaining
book store, I came across the little flier below. I was immediately
intrigued and made a mental note to remember this weekend
had an event I wanted to attend. As the date drew nearer I posted
it on the fridge.


Finally, May 2 arrives and I make plans to go, along with my
Dusty Devoted Auntie, my Cowboy Uncle, Graceful Cowgirl
Mom and my Nana. We were quite the group, hoping for
sunshine,but stuck with a bit of good old springtime Washington
drizzle. Our spirits were not dampened as we walked down the
long drive to be greeted by the old vintage pickup truck as we
first arrived ( the sky was not freakishly red, I altered it).


Oh glory be, so many wonderful sights to see. What wonders
for the eyes to behold. Where shall the eyes linger first?

There were many old bikes, they made me think of the old bike
I've been riding for the last two weeks with the Pirate Princess.
It is on loan to me from my Nana, who has been storing it for
my Desert Rose Auntie, for the last 40+ years. You may not
get it back now Auntie, it's too much fun to ride. It is a bit of a
rust bucket though, I'm thinking of painting it pink or red, what's
your vote?

Let's ride away from the bikes shall we, we've much more to see!
Like all the pretty spring flowers for sale. Brights and pastels,
pick your pleasure.

Now this lady here, she was the piece de resistance. Isn't she
marvelous! She's sure pretty to look at, but I wouldn't be up for
traveling in her for any length of time. She makes a loveleigh
yard ornament though!

More hidden corners to explore...

there were lots and lots of tricycles for sale, so so cute. They
would make rather adorable yard ornaments too.

Miscellaneous window frames and other salvage items...

A little bath for the birdies, filled naturally by the rain earlier
that morning.

This pretty tree was planted smack dab in the middle of the
outside sale items, it was gorgeous, still damp from the rain.

You've got to love this high class bird house with it's own rock
fireplace.

I left without buying anything that day, even though there was
whole shop that housed goodies for indoors. Handmade braided
rugs, soy candles, rustic furniture, old quilts, cast iron frying
pans and muffin tins, lanterns, chairs, baskets, and too many
other wonderful things to mention. I did happen to spot a little
something in the corner I've been looking for, but walked away
from it, what could it be...

THIS. This super duper, old paint chipped up, piece of
fantabulousness I was going to use as a nightstand. I ended up
going back the next day and it was still there-YEAH! I even got
got it for a lower price. Only one problem, it wouldn't fit in the
car when we went to load it. Who you gonna call? Dad. Dad to the
rescue. He jumped in his truck and drove the 15 miles to come
load it up, THANKS DAD!

I love all the paint colors on the top, but that doesn't mean that
it won't someday get painted white, or pink, or aqua... so many
choices. I just hope none of the current paint has lead in it!

So I said it was going to be a night stand right? Wrong. I got it
in my bedroom and decided it would serve me best as a desk for
now. I love the way it turned out and I can see it across from
the bed, if it was right next to me how would I admire it, LOL!

I'll have to sit here to plan out some of my future posts. I think
this is a multi-purpose piece of furniture, I'm thinking desk,
nightstand, TV stand, kitchen island, on and on and on...

It will however, make it's way next to the bed someday because
I tend to like to move the furniture around. I'm one of those
people.

So for now, I'll scoot on out of my loveleigh weekend, the ladies
that have this event only do so a few times a year. The next one
is in the fall and they said it's their favorite one, I can't wait...




14 comments:

Eclectic Chic Style said...

What a great find, and it already looks right at home!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time in spite of the rain and you got some lovely pictures too!!
Have a great day!
♥ Teresa

Desert Rose said...

Sares!!! I tell you what!!! If that old bike of mine that was WHITE with a light PINK stripe gets paitned RED... I (The Desert Rose) will pay your cost and labor to paint it and your new treasure!!!
Luv you,
AJ

Eclectic Chic Style said...

I meant to tell you too how much I love your new blog look too!! It's gorgeous, I can't seem to get the three columns as badly as I want them. *pout* but yours is gorgeous!!

Debby said...

I have enjoyed reading your post and seeing all the great pics. Sounds like such a fun time and love you new treasure.
debby

Dusty Devoe said...

What a cool piece Sares. I don't remember seeing it! Looks great as a desk!

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Thank you SO SO much for the blog layout tips!!! I am going to give it a try this weekend when I have time to play around with it. You are a sweetheart for helping me out with the tips, cross your fingers on Saturday. (I've been known to royally mess things up when it comes to these things.) lol
♥ Teresa

Pony Girl said...

What a fun day! I will have to go to the fall event, that will be fun.
I'm so glad you went back to get that table, it's awesome! I love it as a desk, you made yourself a pretty and cozy corner there! ;) xo

Teacup Mosaics said...

Oh how fun! I love the desk, nightstand, counter, tv cabinet, etc.....and I love it just the way it is, the character is beautiful. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and you are welcome anytime for salad.

KBeau said...

Love your "new" desk. What a great find.

Debbi said...

love your blog, and better yet the PNW pics! Thanks for visitng my blog too. Are you in Yakima? I am 65 miles SE of Portland--just east of Salem, and ready for this rain to be over--would have loved to go to the sale you posted about!!

The Old Parsonage said...

Ohhh you are such a lucky girl!! I'm jealous. Everything looks fab!!

Thanks for visiting on Pink Saturday an leaving such a great comment.

You asked about my header - if the linens were mine. Yep, I like to hang out my laundry if the weather cooperates and when I saw them hanging there, I couldn't resist!

Come back again soon.

Have a great day!
Leann

Paris Rags Romance said...

Oh my how did I ever miss this beautiful blog! You can use any photo you wish , that would be so helpful! Please come for the giveaway and let me know you added the banner so I can give you a gift certificate! Thanks so much, now back to reading your lovely blog, hugs, Kimberly

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

What a fun shopping junket you went on! I'm so glad the desk was there when you went back! It looks perfect in your bedroom!! Good job!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Anita said...

I love your new desk! So perfectly chippy. We went to a sale near us and were disappointed because usually it's wonderful, and now I wish I had known about the one you went to! It looks like it was great! I saw them in a paper or magazine once and forgot about it till I just saw your post. I'll have to mark it down so I'll remember for when they have another sale.

PS Maybe we should go out and dance in the rain and enjoy it while we have it! I keep telling myself that's why it's so green and beautiful here in the summer, but I'm having to work at liking it this spring!