Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Mother's Gift

I'd like you all to meet my BEAUTIFUL Mom, Cowgirl J Lynn.
My Mom has recently done something so special for herself...

She has quit smoking after nearly 40 years. Today it will be

ONE MONTH


and I am SO PROUD of her!

She made the final decision after trying several times over the
years, that this was it, she was done, she was ready to reclaim
her life from that old nemisis, the nasty little white stick,
MADAME CIGARETTE.



I would imagine, never being a smoker myself, that the ladies that
smoke believe they look GLAMOUOUS and SEDUCTIVE like the
Dame in the picture above.

HOWEVER...



Mom, I am so glad you quit before it came to THIS...



..and before your health went to the dogs. You see, we LOVE you
and we NEED you. You are the HEART of our family and the
glue that holds us all together. Without you, we would be
completely LOST. When you chose to quit smoking for yourself,
you unknowingly gave your family the greatest GIFT you ever
could... YOU!


So Mom, you are to be the first recipient of my first ever Blog
Award, because YOU ARE TREASURED. More than you could ever
imagine. I am so proud of you for doing this and I know it hasn't
been easy, but keep going. I know you can do it.

So take this Award and display it proudly knowing that it holds
nothing but the truth! Then Pass it along to one person you
find to be Treasurely and have them pass it on.

Mom, I am HONORED to be your daughter and I LOVE YOU!



14 comments:

Paint Girl said...

I am so happy for you Auntie! Way to go! Keep it up, I know how hard it is, believe me! I smoked for 17 years, quit numerous times and after having pneumonia last year, scared me half to death, quit right away. It's been 5 months now!
Sares, you are a wonderful daughter and cousin, I know you are there supporting her! This is such a sweet post about your mom!

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Very sweet post about your Mom, and Big big huge Congratulations to her, that is one of the hardest things to do and she has done it!!! YAY!!
♥ Teresa

Lisa said...

YEAH! I know you are so proud of her! Good For Her!!
Hugs, Lisa

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

How sweet is that?
What a wonderful post!!!!

Your mom is beautiful and I'm glad she is going to quit smoking. That little white stick has taken the lives of too many people that I love...

It'll be hard for her but she surely has a great cheerleader cheering her on and keeping her motivated...you are the sweetest!

Love the post, love the pictures. I am sure your mother is giggling right now knowing many are reading about her.

Okay Cowgirl J Lynn ~ if you are reading this...
YOU GO GIRL!

Best of luck,
everything vintage

Rebecca said...

Way to go to your Mom!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Rebecca

Valerie said...

Sares,

This post was beautiful! It is obvious how much you love your mother!

Congrats to her on quitting this horribly addictive habit! I know too many people that struggle with this demon in my own family. (So glad I never took up the habit!)

Blessings to you and your loved ones,
Valerie

Unknown said...

I'm sure it was extremely hard for your mom to quit! Good for her - and you.

Cheers,
Mary

Pony Girl said...

Aw, this got me teary! I am so proud of your mom Sares, it is not an easy journey. Ask my sis! :) I am so proud of them both. I know that with each passing day, you will feel healthier and stronger. Just breathe! :) xo

Dusty Devoe said...

You are a Loveleigh girl Sares! I am proud of your mom, my sister too. I know it is a tough thing to do, and she has hung in there! I love you both!

Paris Rags Romance said...

Long live Mom!! Wonderful news!!



The code is (paris) . My note was confusing sorry!! Thanks so very much! Hugs, Kimberly

Susie Jefferson said...

I love those pictures! Brilliant! And remind your Mom that she won't get that awful puckering round her mouth from smoking - makes the mouth look like a dog's bottom! If that doesn't stop her, and keep her stopped, nothing will!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Great job!! to your Mom!!
Keep up the good work Mom!!!

Desert Rose said...

Yes...i am sniffling,It was so touching! Good for Sissy for taking this terrific step!!!

Joanne Kennedy said...

Please tell your mom congratulations from me. I know it's not easy to do but I'm happy she was able to make it.

I have never smoked and I hate to be around it. Growing up almost everyone in my family smoked. I could never stand it.

I love the pictures you used and had to laugh at what you wrote but it's so true!

Hugs,
Joanne