Friday, May 1, 2009

A Beautiful Blogging Party!

Photobucket








Welcome everyone, to my little corner of the Beautiful Blogging
Party, hosted by Joy from Cupid's Charm. This Party is
dedicated to everything we love about blogging , wander over
her way to link to other party participants and find out what
they love most...


My blogging journey began last January. A few months before
that I had begun reading a blog written by my cousin at
Pony Girl Rides Again. I thought it looked like something I
might like to try and with little computer experience and not
much information, I took a blind leap of faith.
All at once, I went to Blogger and began my blog, Loveleigh
Treasures, as a private venture to play around in and for my
family to read. I was hooked!


Oh, the fumbles, the frustrations, the fun. Trying to figure
out how to create on a blog while not even knowing how to cut
and paste, yes I'm embarrassed to admit it, was full of
challenges. However the possibilities for creative opportunity
it opened seemed endless.


Once I began to learn my way around, I helped my Aunt and

Mom set up blogs of their own. I think this is one of the things
I love the most about blogging, choosing the template, the
layout, the gadgets, pictures and banners, colors and fonts. I
can spend hours on the computer, on the hunt for new pictures,
artwork, gadgets and doo-dads to put on my blog. I'm always
moving things around and changing backgrounds and banners,
and cropping photos. I think I began this love of creating
layouts in High School while on the Yearbook staff for two
years. Art class was also my favorite subject in school and for a
while drawing was a lot of fun for me, but I wasn't passionate
about it and it has fallen by the wayside over the years.
Beginning a blog has opened a window to create I am LOVING!



a drawing by Sares for her grandfather

Once I had been blogging for a couple of months, I decided to
expand my horizons again. I was feeling the need to reach out
to other bloggers in a more open forum, so I took Loveleigh
Treasures public. I haven't regretted it since!
Every day I continue to be amazed by how inventive and
talented you all are. The handmade pillows, aprons, tussie
mussies, the beautifully designed rooms, refurbished
furniture, paper crafts, and all of the stunning handmade
jewelery, they all inspire me to want to do better!
I am also amazed by all of the wonderful people that blog
and offer nothing but praise and encouragement to
others in their endeavours.


Blogging has also been an enormous blessing to my family.
It has allowed the 9 family members that have blogs (and those
that don't) to keep in closer contact with each other through
weekly postings of pictures and stories. This is a part of
each other's lives we would otherwise only here about a
few times a year during visits or phone calls.


I think the number one, most favorite, best, thing about
blogging, is hearing about the day to day lives of everyone out
there that blogs. All the little things, the family tales, the yard
sales, the travels, the recipes, the adventures, the troubles, I
love how it can turn strangers into friends. It's all too much fun
and I can't wait to see more, do more and to learn more with
you all.


So, my fellow blogging compadres, until we meet again,
I leave you with this loveleigh thought...



beyond ideas

there is a field

will you meet me there?

rumi




22 comments:

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Lovely post, the drawing is amazing too, wow! I feel the same way about blogland. ;)
Have a super day!! ♥ Teresa

The Wrought Iron Gate said...

Sares, You are a very talented artist. Your drawing of your Grandfather is amazing. We are exposed to such creative people through blogging.

Best Wishes,
Kay

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Blogging is wonderful, such a great post!


~ Gabriela ~

Debby said...

I have enjoyed visiting your blog. It is so much fun to find new bloggers. I love your banner and you are a very talented artist.
Debby

SmilingSally said...

Hello, Rumi! It's good to meet another friendly blogger.

Theresa said...

Happy Blog Party! Lovely post!
I am loving your beautiful backgrounds. I am learning as I go on the techy stuff too. Oh but what fun. ~ See you soon, ~Theresa

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Lovely post and I love the drawing and the picture at the bottom! Loved getting to know you! ~Stacy!

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed the party at your beautiful blog. It seems almost everyone has a similar story to tell about getting into blogging. Creating is such fun. Almost as much fun as meeting other creative bloggers.
Happy Blog Party Day!
Charlotte

Fete et Fleur said...

Your blog is a lovely place to land! I think it is wonderful that your family has this blogging tie. My SIL recently started a blog. I love staying connected with her through it.

Nancy

KBeau said...

As a former high school yearbook advisor, I also enjoy the layout part of blogging. Have you tried Windows Live Writer yet? I think it's so much easier to do my blog using Live Writer.

bj said...

Such a lovely post and blog.
The drawing is amazing...very nice.

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Enjoyed reading your post and loved the quote!!!! Thank you so much for stopping by!!
Marcela & Clara

The Victorian Parlor said...

Beautifully said! I too am loving the creativity and inspiration found through blogging. My mother also blogs and we have fun sharing our activities through pictures and words:)

BTW, your dogs are adorable:)

Blessings,

Kim

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post Sares. My family is blogging too. It's fun to go over to their blogs and see what they have posted. It's brought us even closer than we were. Your very talented. I like that drawing of your grandfather. Your blog is very beautiful ♥

Lucy said...

Hi- You have such a lovely blog! This certainly is a fabulous party. Thanks so much for visiting my blog:)I'll be sure to come by often-it's sooo pretty. Have a great evening-Lucy

Lisa said...

Oh I feel the same way about blogging! It's just great and the amount of stuff I learned about computers is really most of the fun! Well some of it. Meeting people that have the same interests is really what it's all about! I just love blogging!
Happy Blogging! Hugs, Lisa

Desert Rose said...

I have also turned my creative juices towards blogging these past few months. I usually get to a certain point after awile though and go off to something new! I am fickle that way! I have loved watching your blog grow from private to public and seen changes in it...and you all for the better!!!

Pony Girl said...

We're a lot alike in our quest to satisfy our creativity, cousin! I love the layout part too. I'm glad you've enjoyed blogging and I didn't know that you couldn't cut and paste when you started. In fact, I'm really impressed at how well you have done...now I'll be asking you how to do things! :)
p.s. I hope you start drawing again someday, too!!
p.s. word verification: "teres", maybe "sares" alter-ego?? ;)

dragonflydreamer said...

Beautiful blog. I that although each of our reasons for blogging posts are a bit different, a few common threads come through in all of them; connections, creative passions, and creating our own personal space that expresses our inner selves. I love the drawing and wish I had such amazing talent. The final quote squeezed my heart. I'll be back for sure.

Susie Jefferson said...

Hi Sares, so nice to have finally made it here! Happy Blog Day (I’m sorry I’m late - you saw my post and the Pink Saturday post… after midnight Friday night… but after all that close work on the buttons I worked myself into a migraine!) So hence I am finally here. Hopefully better late than never, and welcome all the same?

Joy Jones said...

Loved your post and photos! I wanted to stop by and thank you for participating in the Beautiful Blogging Party!! I hope you enjoyed the event and also enjoyed meetings lots of new bloggers. Have a beautiful week ~ Joy

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Hey Sares,
Can you believe that I am still blog party hopping? Whew! I will certainly have a hangover!
Your blog is beautiful and very very welcoming.
I love your photos and your stories too!
Nice meeting you, I enjoyed my visit!
everything vintage