Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Weekend of Shopping

 My Mom and I and small table I scored

Hi my loveleighs! I haven't been here since last Thursday, it seems like forever! Last weekend my Mom, my Cousin Michelle and did some serious shopping. First we went to the fairgrounds where they had 8 or 9 buildings full of garage sale booths. It was lots of fun! A WIDE variety of things for sale.



After about 2 1/2 hours we went back to a couple of booths where we left some of our bigger purchases. We took our own hand truck just in case. It came in handy. I bought this mirror, the table, a scale, 5 old sewing machine drawers, some vintage Christmas ornaments, a metal cart and a small urn. For my personal use I bought a vintage pair or pillow cases with pink crochet around the edges. One of us bought LOTS of things for herself and NOT for Jazz. This person shall remain nameless. But she should be ASHAMED of herself. HEE HEE HEE! And it was NOT me!




Next stop...Fall Fun!






Michelle smelling the merchandise. I also bought one of these candles~Gingerbread Crumb,YUMMY!
My ONLY other PERSONAL purchase! 
HEE HEE HEE!



Told ya there'd be rosehips!




I spied this as soon as I walked in the door and snatched it right up!




Displayed in our space later that day.










Michelle and I. If we look a wee bit squinty it's because the sun was in our eyes.
I loved this bench swing, there were two of them.



 Mom and I.




The little magazine rack table I found.



The scale.




The old sewing machine drawers. Love these! I might have to pull one out for myself.
The little urn is in the back.




The old cart found at the garage sales. This didn't even make it in the space and it sold! We just placed it here for a couple of weeks because it's new owner couldn't haul it home just yet. She lives out of town and she and her friend already had a full car from junking.




Yep, it was a pretty successful day but more importantly we had a blast! It was tiring though. 
Shopping always is but it's worth it in the end!


13 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Good Morning Sares!
Sitting here drinking my coffee and enjoying your wonderful blog.

Gosh you scored some great stuff and your booth looks wonderful.
I love it all.

By the way you and your Mom are just too cute.

hugs
sissie

C. JoyBell C. said...

Hey Sareski ♥

How are you? I have missed you!

You remind me of this girl on this show I used to watch it was called "Shabby Chic" .. have you heard of it or perhaps seen it, before??

My favorite photo here is the one with you and your cousin Michelle sitting on the swing bench! The mint green color... the hats...the flowers....the boots... I could write a novella based upon this one photo! I think it tells a story!

I'm proud of you and all the passion and hard work you put into what you do!

Luvya Sareski..

C

LuLu Kellogg said...

You look so cute in that hat! I love it! You and your Mom look like sisters :)

I should be working right now but had to stop by and say hi. I am getting ready for a huge show next weekend so I will be back around to visit after then :)

Love,
LuLu♥

The Old Parsonage said...

What a fun day - the pics are fab love how everything was displayed. You can really tell that you are all related, but I bet that you get that a lot!

Enjoy the rest of your week!
Leann

Claudia said...

I love the magazine table and everything else you found, Sares! And that glider is the perfect shade of green - I can see it on my porch!

xo
Claudia

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sares,

What a wonderful weekend you Ladies had shopping.
Love all the things you got and your booth is looking splendid.
I wish I lived nearby.

Happy Thursday
Hugs
Carolyn

Deanna said...

Sares my darling!
You and your mom are so lovely! Even lovelier than the pretties that you scored...:D

I sure have missed visiting you and your sweet blog. I hope to be able to do more visiting in the next two weeks or at least when my doctor allows me to be on for more than thirty minutes a day!

Many hugs,
Deanna :D

Theresa MacNaughton said...

You always find the best treasures! Thanks for sharing all these great photos - cute pics of you and your mom. :) Theresa

All That Jazz said...

I love that last pic of you! ;-)

Desert Rose said...

Well...I hate to be the one that outs the big spender...but I gotta say my SISSY was the one...the HAIR ON HYDE RUG was the dead give away...even at that discount!!!

Suzanne said...

Hi Sares,
Long time, huh? Been very lazy around here...but you make me want to go scavenging. Or at the very least, visit All That Jazz! Everything is gorgeous and I can almost smell that gingerbread crumb candle. All of you look very "loveleigh":) Thanks for starting my day off this way!

Unknown said...

Hey beautiful you and your mama too! I loved seeing the pictures of all of you. My favorite display is the old chair with the pumpkin. Love it! You are doing such a great job...all of you!
One day, if this 51 year old brain can remember I'll have to send you my picture on the bench...twins...tee hee!

xinex said...

Isn't junking so much fun, Sares? You are so cute in your hat!...Christine