Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Trip To The Country



Last weekend my Mom, Sister and I went on a little excursion to the country to check out an annual sale at a place called "The Granary". The were selling antiques, primitives, candles and holiday items. The trek to the country took about 20 minutes and once we got there the countryside was beautiful and nestled amongst it was this beautiful little cottage.




The Fall colors were gorgeous.










The side of the Granary. An arbor of trees.






I glanced to my left and what do I see, staring calmly right back at me! What a sight!



The backside of the Granary.



The back porch where they had some of the things for sale.







There was nothing for sale upstairs, but the owner told us we could take a peek!



What a peek it was!



I didn't buy anything, it was a little too primitive for me but my Mom loved it. She told the owner she was ready to move right in. One of the owner's friends said she'd have to fight her for it! I didn't take any photos of the downstairs, I felt weird about doing it since the three of them were sitting down there. I am sure they wouldn't have minded because they said I could take photos of the outside. Still, I didn't do it, now I wish I would have!






When we got ready to leave we noticed the rest of the family had shown up! The home in the background is actually the home the owner lives in. She and her husband built it several years ago and it was featured in a book she showed us. It was beautiful, made to look old but with all the modern amenities and the yard was spectacular as you can tell!


18 comments:

cowgirljlynn said...

Yep, I could of settled right in!!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

What a sweet and beautiful little cottage. I just love it. It's picture perfect!

hugs
Sissie

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Oh, my, what an absolutely beautiful cottage, total peace, tranquility and on top of all that I LOVE prim!!

Thank you s much for sharing!

xxoo

Claudia said...

What a beautiful setting! And the deer are the perfect touch!

xo
Claudia

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sares,

Your photos are beautiful and love the look of the peaceful garden and home.
How neat to see the deer and they look so quiet.
Thanks for taking us along today.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Holly Loves Art said...

Hello Sares!
Oh my goodness these pictures are just absolutely gorgeous. The deer just send me over the moon. I love them so. :) And your new fall banner is just so perfect. I love your blog!
Hope you're having a nice week.
Cheers,
Holly

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Oh my what a lovely outing. I too wish you had snapped away downstairs. hahaha
I am like that also with my camera. You just don't know how others feel about it.
These pictures you did get are really very nice. I must say you know how to handle your camera.
Like your mom I would love it there. Just beautiful
Love
Maggie

Theresa MacNaughton said...

What an absolutely gorgeous place to shop for special treasures! Those deer are SO sweet! I'd love visiting there - with the ambience and all the fall goodness. Theresa

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Ahhhh...... How BEEEE.U.TI.FUL! Loved the pix of the deer..... aren't they cute? Yep, I love 'em when they're not eating my hydrangeas! :-)


Huggies,
Spencer

Deanna said...

Hi dearest!
What lovely...oops, what Loveleigh photos. Each one is a dream. The cottage is beautiful and the grounds so green. I think deer like having their photos taken! My husband encountered on the other day at the golf course...lol!

Thank you for sharing a beautiful day with us.

Hugs,
Deanna :D

All That Jazz said...

Wow, very cool! Yes, you should have taken pictures inside, stinker! ;-) I'm sure they are used to that. It's cute your mom would love to move in. I didn't know she was so much into the primitive style!

Bearly Sane said...

Oh boy, these really are Lovleigh Photos Sares. I could easily emerse myself in this beauty and never return to reality. A visit to your blog was exactly what I needed today...thank you for sharing your Trip To The Country.
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Ess D'Ess Bears

C. JoyBell C. said...

sooooooooooo lovely, Sareski!

I TRULY enjoy my visits to your blog! I swear, you live in the most beautiful state in America! What state exactly? You told me pacific northwest, but where exactly? Because I'm considering a move to the States.. I want a place which reminds me of Europe, and your photos remind of of Norway..

That big blue spindle reminds me of fairy tales! I was just at a friend's house last night, and they have an original, antique spindle! :)

xinex said...

Wow! What a beautiful place to visit, Sares. Love seeing the deer and looks like they aren't afraid of people. Thank you so much for your prayers for my mom. She is home now, tried but doing fine considering what had happened to her....Christine

Micki said...

What a lovely outing, and I would have loved to visit there.
What a lovely cottage!
Micki

Unknown said...

Looks like a field trip for me too!
We are not going to the Palmer Wirf antique show in Portland on Halloween because Sadie and Tazmo are getting married! Wink!

But in the spring, I'd love to go pay this place a visit for sure.

The deer make it even more special.

Off to Snohomish today for an antique hunt and a picnic by the river. Have you been there Sares? I love the store Joyworks and The Cinnamon Stick! If you are ever up this way, I'll meet you there!

nothing profound said...

I agree with your MOM. I'm ready to move on. Positively lovely grounds and home.

Cousin B said...

Wow, this was a beautiful post. I LOVED that cottage, the grounds, the porch and the deer!