Monday, October 25, 2010

Another Makeover



Next up on the makeover docket... actually this is the AFTER. Once again I got too excited and forgot to take the before shot. Just imagine dark mahogany stain and brassy handles and you get the mental picture.



It was pretty scratched up on the top and had a few dings, but it's really sturdy...and heavy. One of those where you have to take the drawers out to move it. Maybe I'm just a wimp. Anyway, she's done and can be hauled up to Jazz after I put the drawer liners in.



The color is a pale gray which I am loving right now, all shades of gray. I am working on painting a couple of other dressers and a nightstand in a darker gray and I am repainting an end table from Jazz that hasn't sold in the same gray as this dresser. It was a distressed white when we bought it and put it in Jazz but it was beginning to look grubby and was taking on a yellowish tint from it's original stain I think. So I brought it home to give it some TLC.



I am back on Auntie duty for the next 3 days then I get 6 days off. It will almost be like a vacation. If only I didn't have to get ready for our next big Jazz Sale!  We're doing a Holiday Bazaar at a local church in a couple of weeks and I have some preparations to make. More painting, sanding, gluing, altering, cleaning, tagging, pricing, ironing. Yep. Almost like a vacation.



13 comments:

Deanna said...

What a treasure and I do love the gray color!

Deanna :D

Debby said...

Hi there sweetie, this post is lovely. Hope all is well with you and have a great 6 days off.
Debby

Rebecca Nelson said...

I'm loving it! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Happy Auntie Day!

xo~Rebecca

Claudia said...

I love the transformation, Sares! I think you were really smart to paint the handles as well. Looks beautiful.

xo
Claudia

A Southern Rose said...

It turned out so pretty! I'm trying to paint every piece of furniture that I have in my cottage. Thanks for the inspiration.

Hugs,
Lee Laurie

Bearly Sane said...

Hi Sares!
When you've finished all your painting, there's some more for you to do downunder.
You do such a great job with all your makeovers.
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Ess D'Ess Bears

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I love your sweet chest. The gray color is perfect. I've done well with a few gray pieces in my booth as well.

Enjoy your little one.

hugs
Sissie

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Sares: Love what you did with that piece! You better rest "Auntie", those 6 days go by fast. You are going to need your energy! Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

All That Jazz said...

Wow, that looks super great! You are really becoming a pro, my dear! :) It's hard to tell what shade of gray it is, I'm excited to see it in person.
Six days off? Cool! Maybe you can come and get my stuff for the sale and get it tagged, hee hee!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sares,

Love the sweet dresser and looks like you are going to be a busy Lady with Auntie duty and the work to the furniture.

Happy Wednesday
Hugs
Carolyn

Cora said...

Beautiful Sares! I love it...have fun with kiddies!

C. JoyBell C. said...

Hey Sareski,

I was just thinking about the red-pink-red-pink-red door of the church that you shared... my recent writing reminded me of it.. the personal account that I have been through very recently has put a spin on that door...

Maybe it really doesn't matter what color it is..

Love you, Sareski!

I just might be moving to near where you are. Maybe. It's beautiful there. I think it may be more beautiful than Suwanee.. :)

Oh... I have been crying since last night.. but it has inspired me to write..

CC

p.s. you know my favorite photo is the last one, right? :)

Jenny said...

Sares, I would never have thought painting the handles would look that great but it totally does. And it almost makes them stand out even more! Neat job!