Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Walk

I spent last weekend with my Sister and we went for a beautiful early morning walk.


She lives in the most amazing neighborhood full of old homes and this imposing, yet beautiful church.














I would love to go through these homes, I bet most of them have fabulous woodwork.




You have to love these old wrought iron fences. I told my Sister they were probably worth a pretty penny but I don't think she believed me! She needs to start junking more. Then she'd see!









Love the red door on this one. I think it really brightens up a house. Like lipstick!




This homes lawn and landscaping were pristine and very orderly. There were two young kids in the downstairs and I wondered if they saw me taking a picture and if they thought I was a crazy lady!





This was one of my favorites. I can imagine it has a spectacular staircase!


How magical to see these old swings along the sidewalks. If you live in the city and don't have a yard, I guess you have to improvise! There were also several basketball hoops right off the street. Fun!

This is my favorite! It's a bed and breakfast. I Googled it to see the inside and it is very nice, but not decorated to my taste, a little too Victorian. The backyard gardens were very pretty.

Soon after we headed up the street to grab a coffee for my Sis and a hot chocolate for me along with a breakfast sandwich and a monkey muffin. We had to gobble it down in order to meet my Mom and Aunt at my Sister's new house! She and her husband just bought their first home and we were going to help paint things up to my Sister's specifications. Not necessarily my BIL's. He didn't get much of a vote as he discovered when he came by after work to find we had painted one of the kitchen walls BRIGHT orange.
Needless to say he was horrified. But it was only the first coat and was looking much better after it had a couple more coats added. I hope.

We got a lot of painting accomplished and they can't wait to move in after leasing for the last18 years!

Too Too Cute! Congratulations you two!

Be sure to check out All That Jazz tomorrow. We took a break from painting to head to Monticello Marketplace and it was full of fantastic stuff I'll be posting about!




16 comments:

Holly Loves Art said...

Thank you for taking me on the walk too! Wow.... your pictures never disappoint! All so special and taken with care. Love your photography style very much.
Cheers,
Holly

Theresa MacNaughton said...

What gorgeous photos! Those are some houses. I really loved that church and that gate. Congrats to your sister on her house! I'm sure the kitchen will look lovely. Theresa

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sares,

What a wonderful walk you and your sister had and thanks for taking us along.
Love all the beautiful homes and gardens in the town.
Congratulations on her new house and will be fun painting it to her liking.

Happy Thursday
Hugs
Carolyn

Deb said...

great photos...fun walk...

Unknown said...

g'eve sweet Sares ~ I love the walk in the country with you & the tour of town ... oh, how these both brought flooding memories of home. It is such fun when you share our hometown places ... it tweaks me a bit. You captured our stomping grounds beautifully, as always.

Have a great autumn eve ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Thank you so much for taking us on your walk! Your photos are just beautiful! Love the swings! Congratulations to your sister!

xxoo

xinex said...

What a beautiful neighborhood your sister lives, Sares. Your photos are just lovely. If you have a chance, please come back and go down one post. I would really love for you to see my ancestral home. Thanks...Christine

C. JoyBell C. said...

Oh my god, Sareski! That's IT. I'm moving to wherever it is your sister is living! into that SAME EXACT neighborhood! I'm not kidding! A church with a pink door?????!!!!! Are you freakin kidding me??????? I'm gonna go to church there, regardless of what religion it is!!!!!

Okay, I HAVE to email you about where you live.... in a minute.....

stefanie said...

oh, all the homes are gorgeous, and that church!!! what great pictures you took!

All That Jazz said...

Wow, cool homes! Is that their old neighborhood or new?? I am so excited for them! I can't wait to see pics of the inside...did you take any? Or maybe you'll have to go back once it's "completed." Do you think we've inspired her with vintage home decor finds?? ;-) She has the best family shop to "shop" in, eh? I think we'd better talk her into a house-warming party!
~xo/michelle~

Unknown said...

I took a walk once on a street very much like that in Tacoma! We had gone down to an antique show and stayed at this villa which was a bed and breakfast and out my bedroom window I saw the neighborhood towards the west and away I went walking! Great photo's Sares!

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

thx for taking us on the walk!
loved it :)

Anonymous said...

What a great walk Tara, love that old iron fence!
alicia

Anonymous said...

What a great walk Sares, love that old iron fence!
alicia

Anonymous said...

sorry about the typo in that first comment lol! (welcome to delete that one, oh and this ha!)
alicia

mary pernula said...

Thanks for sharing your walk with us. I love the moss covered stairs and the swings along the street are just to darn cute. Hugs Mary