Friday, March 20, 2009

When It's Springtime

When it's springtime in the country,
Down any country lane,
The lilac trees are blooming,
And shedding April rain,
The apple trees in blossom
Wear pearl crowns pink-tipped with fire,

Down country lanes in springtime,
One can find their hearts desire.

Now far away I wander
Down city streets alone

And dream of you only,
When you were all my own.

Some day I'll travel homeward,
Down country lanes once more,
And see you waiting for me
Beside the lilac door.

By Virginia Stiltner Wheeler






Happy first day of spring!

3 comments:

Dusty Devoe said...

Nice poem by Aunt Virginia. Hsppy Spring to you too!

xoxo

cowgirljlynn said...

loved that you used Aunt Viriginia's poem!

Pony Girl said...

I love the poem. Where did you get it? I mean I know it's family, does she have a little book of poems?