Sunday, September 4, 2011

Updates and Makeovers


I'm sorry to say, I haven't been in a blogging mood lately. I think that happens to me at the end of every Summer. I've been busy with lots of Jazz "hoopla". First, we helped my cousin Michelle pack up her stuff from Jazz and sadly said goodbye to her. It was a sorrowful parting of the ways and she will be missed. Now I have to figure out a way to fill the whole space myself AND pay the full space rent! Scary but exciting as well.

 Michelle has begun a new journey making jewelery. She made both necklaces we had on in the pictures and so far is making big bucks off her family! She's doing pretty darn well selling to other customers non-related as well. I promise to do a post soon and show more of her fabulous work.



So once I had the run of the whole space, I hauled in these pretties.



Then a few days later, this butcher block island sold. So I had to take something else in.



Thankfully I had another piece waiting. Not this piece. I just found this picture and got the inspiration to "dirty up" a dresser I had already painted white, because I thought it was a bit boring.



I came up with this.



Now the paint on this dresser was regular latex satin. I added a coat of my Annie Sloan clear wax and then dark wax. Learning curve~satin paint doesn't absorb the wax like the AS Chalk Paint. I figured it wouldn't. When I buffed most of the "dirt" the dark wax rubbed off and it didn't end up looking as dirty as I would have liked. Next time I'm going to get some flat white and see how that works.



Someone must have thought it was dirty enough though because I just got the word tonight that it sold today. Two days after I took it in. I also sold an ottoman I covered in a burlap sack that turned out really cool. I'm so mad I didn't get a picture! It was a last minute decision to take it in and it sold the next day. I hate it when I do that. Now I have to scramble to get something else in the dresser's place.



Good thing I found THIS over the weekend.  Cute right. She already has her new paint job, I just need to add the wax. Think GREEN. Yes, my newest obsession is ASCP Antibes Green.



I think it's gonna be a hard piece to part with.



Got these two little beauties this weekend too. Makeovers already in progress.



And these two chairs. Think GREEN again. I know, I'm bad. If people hate the color I might be in trouble but so far I've been told I'm getting good feedback on it.



I didn't buy the kid. He just snuck into my shot AGAIN. And stole my coffee in the process. He says mine is better than his Mommy's. That's because Auntie likes hers SWEET. And decaffeinated or I would have been in for a nightmare of an afternoon. He sucked down the last inch of my coffee before I could finish my pictures. Little monster.

So I will be spending the week painting and waxing. In between 90 degree weather, which I am not complaining about since we have had the coolest Summer I ever remember having, seriously, I think we only had a few days above 80 degrees. I know most of you might like the cooler temps but when you live with rain and clouds 9 months of the year, you need all the hot Summer days you can get to soak up some vitamin D to last you though the rest of the year!

BTW~ I finally joined the Facebook craze and have created a page for All That Jazz. I have been trying to add updates to it as things go into the shop. Another reason I haven't been blogging. This Facebook thing is a bit complicated. If you check it out, please feel free to LIKE the page so you can get updates on your wall. Don't you just love modern technology.

Hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend! Have a terrific week!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

We were so sorry not to get to visit with you, Tara. Your shop space is lovely. We visited many other great malls while in town, too ... picking up a few treasures along the way.

One day you should meet Spencer, Bellamere Cottage. What a gem she is, you'd love her to pieces.

Have a beautiful holiday.
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

LuLu Kellogg said...

Sares....you are indeed so talented! I really love that dresser!!

Have a wonderful week my dear!

LuLu~*xoxo

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Sares!
Good to hear your partner is venturing out on her own. I'm sure that you can handle the space with what I'm seeing! Love everything.
I really love how the chest turned out, looks pretty...no wonder it sold so fast.
It's hard keeping up with our booths, but when you love what you do it makes it all worthwhile!

Looks as though you've got your painting projects cut out for you!

hugs
Sissie

Unknown said...

Good girl...clap, clap! Furniture is the answer and you are so good at that!!!
Fun items, I can see why customers "gotta have it" keep it up girlfriend, you will soar!

Rebecca Nelson said...

Love it all Sares. No wonder that dresser/chest sold so fast! FABULOUS!

xoRebecca

GwendolynKay said...

Looks and sounds like you have been and are a busy gal. Enjoy the sunshine and that vitamin D.
Blessings~
p.s. I follow you :)

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sares,

You are indeed, the makeover Princess and I loved seeing what you have been doing. The green paint and white look fabulous. Also love the jewellery that Michelle is making, your fleur de lis necklace is chic and you are both so beautiful.
With all the wonderful goodies, in your booth I know you will do well.
Best wishes and have a great week

Hugs
Carolyn

Red Rose Alley said...

Those are some great finds. I loved the lemon jar. I've always wanted a big jar like that to fill cookies and goodies in.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Ranch Girl Diaries said...

Cute photo of us, actually! ;-) I will miss doing the shop a lot, but I am loving my new adventures. I do hope the power duo can get together again in the future for a show!!! I think our items combined could be really cool!!!
xoxo miss ya!!

Ranch Girl Diaries said...

p.s. can you please email a copy of that photo?? I can't get it to save correctly. Thanks!! ;-)

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Hi Sares...

I think the "End Of Summer Blogging Disorder" caught me too... :-)

Your space looks great and I'm looking forward to seeing your new green...

Huggies,
Spence

Suzanne said...

Sares, just be glad I live so far away because you would get a call that some crazy lady just bought everything in your store:) Trust your instincts...they are always right on...LOVE the green and I'm not a green girl!
Hugs, Suzanne

Bearly Sane said...

Some lovely pieces there ... the two in the first photo are the best though!
I see you have taken the plunge into FB ... I don't like it at all, it wastes too much time! I just link my blog posts through Networked Blogs so it saves double posting.
Hugs,
Sandi

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

I love that desk!! I know how you feel about a booth partner, I had a booth with a friend, unfortunately she took up all the space and I paid half the booth. Then we each got our own booth, I am dying, I have a full time job, and a house renovation going on, I do not have time for a booth! Oh well life is full of lessons.

I am your newest follower! Love your blog, I came over from Yonks!