Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Man Cub Love


Man Cub had a big Summer with one major accomplishment.
He learned to ride a bike. 



The training wheels came off, a few test runs in the house so he was bouncing off carpet instead of pavement and voila'! After 2 weeks he was flying around on that puppy. Not to say that there weren't some scraped knees but I was amazed how fast he picked it up. Maybe because his sister didn't learn until she was 8. Yep, she's not an outdoorsey sort of gal. Now he thinks he can do tricks. Stinker.



And this week he reached another milestone. Preschool. He was quite brave about the whole thing, no tears when Mommy dropped him off and he gets to ride the bus now. It was a big deal because he's never been in daycare, just home all day with Mommy or Auntie but he did just great and I think the social interaction will be really good for him. However I think he's already learned it's not so fun to get up early each morning and get ready to head out to school, instead of watching cartoons. After only 3 days he's picked up on that. Yep, he's a fast learner.



I wasn't sure I was ready to let him go, much as he drives me crazy sometimes! But he's having fun and I'm sure once I get into the routine I will enjoy having the mornings Man Cub free.




Ah, my sweet Cub, Auntie LOVES you!


11 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sares,

Your little Man cub is such a sweetie and looks like he has so much energy.
Congratulations to him mastering riding his bike and hope he enjoys Preschool. How they grow up so quickly!
Love the new look to your blog.

Happy rest of the week
Hugs
Carolyn

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Yay for the little man! That's awesome. Oh, and I absolutely love your header! Stunning! Where did you find the polo photo?

GwendolynKay said...

How adorable is he!! That is a big accomplishment to learn how to ride a bike. Hurray!
Blessings~

Bearly Sane said...

Love the photos of Man Cub, you really know how to capture his spirit on film ... maybe you should be doing this professionally!

Looks like I have a lot to catch up on ... so off to read some more.
Hugs,
Sandi

cowgirljlynn said...

He doesn't know how lucky he is to have an auntie that loves him so much and takes such good care of him. Someday he will!!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

He is just adorable! And, what an accomplishment. My boy just learned to ride a bike this summer too.... At 11. He was determined that he would NEVER learn, but alas.... he gave it a shot and loves it.

Hugs to you sweet chickie!

xox
S

C. JoyBell C. said...

I have always said how great an aunt you are, Sareski!

Yesterday I made friends with 2 five-year-olds! I wrote about that on my FB page! :)

I'm happy that your sweet cub is adjusting into preschool just fine! :) Sometimes, the teachers an other moms can be very nutty, but, just things you've got to deal with! :)

Ranch Girl Diaries said...

So glad to hear preschool is going well soon! Wait until you hear about the first tussle over a block structure. ;-) All that social problem solving. Give him a hug for me (or I guess I can since I'll be seeing him soon!!)

Cousin B said...

Very cute post...He's growing up!

C. JoyBell C. said...

I'm reading this again... my son has a big scooter, but not a bike, I would like for him to have a bike though! Just not enough flat geography for that over here! :(

C. JoyBell C. said...

*correction, he doesn't have a scooter, it's actually called a waveboard, sorry, apparently there's a difference! ha!