Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Furniture Makeovers for Jazz


I recently purchased this pretty little lady. She had great lines but needed a paint job.



Out came the Antibes Green, ASP Chalk Paint, my new favorite color these days. My can is almost empty I've been using it so much.



When you add the clear and then the dark wax, the paint just pops and makes a piece glow with antique goodness. Even if it's not an antique.



Isn't this yummy. It's currently at the shop, front and center at Jazz.



Nightstand snagged at a garage sale.



After some Chalk Paint, Old White and then Duck Egg Blue followed by clear and dark wax.



Two fun vintage chairs. The one on the left is really old. Under that material was the original leather seat in great condition.



 After. More green. I'm channeling Kermit, what can I say.
The twins and I took the chairs and table up a week and a half ago, moved things around and got ready for Fall. However this table sold the following week so the green desk  is now in it's place. I did take pictures of the Fall redecoration and will show you in the next post!

September has been just crazy, things flying out of the shop left and right. I think it's one of the best months we've ever had. Our shop has a new owner and is now called Abundance Vintage. There have been quite a few vendor changes and I am loving the new look and feel the shop has.

To take a peek, check out our Facebook pages.


Please be sure to LIKE us if you're interested in getting updated to your Wall!

Hope you're all having a wonderful week!


11 comments:

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Beautiful! I do love that green.

cowgirljlynn said...

love the green too, its my favorite!

GwendolynKay said...

I love all the pieces! That shade of green is darling. I wish I could walk through your shop in person.
Blessings~

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Sares,
I love the green with the wax, it really makes it look wonderful. I'm still trying to decide if I like chalk paint enough to buy more. Not sure.

Anyway, your booth looks fabulous and I'm so glad that you are having a great month. I've been having a good one too. Guess everyone is fixing up for the fall.

hugs and happy selling.

Sissie

Holly Loves Art said...

WOW!!!! Just love them all. Looks fabulous. Hope you're having a great week.
Cheers!
Holly

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Hey honey you have been on my mind so much lately that I had to come by and see how you are doing.
This green chalk paint is really really pretty. I can see why it sold so fast.
I came across a lady selling this paint yesterday at the Round Top/Warrenton show and am trying to decide if I want to buy it or not.
The last few months I have been trying to decide on opening up the little pink house behind me into a place where I rent out booths but I can't take the big leap. Fear holds up back a lot. Wish you lived closer so you could have your shop there.
Love
Maggie

Bearly Sane said...

All that painting sure keeps you busy Sares. I love the first piece with the floral inlay/trim. I wish I had your energy.
Hugs,
Sandi

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sares,

I love the look of your shop and so glad that you are having, the best month. The chalk paint is fabulous and it looks like they are antiques, even if they are not. Great work.

Hope that you are enjoying your weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

C. JoyBell C. said...

Hey, these are the photos I "liked" on facebook, am I right? :) What do you mean the shop has a new owner? Aren't you the owner of All That Jazz? And twins! Your nephew and niece are actually twins? And I only know this now? haha!

xx

Ivy and Elephants said...

That first little table is just adorable! You've done such a fantastic job on all the pieces.
However do you bear to part with them? Love what I see.
Following you,
Patti

Jenna said...

Hi Sares! Oh my gosh, man cub is getting big...already in school. Time sure has a way of sneaking up on us! You have been a busy lady, I love the color of the chairs and that duck egg blue is gorgeous. You do such nice work. I hope your having an awesome week... It's almost over and I haven't gotten anything done...such is life! :o) Hugs, Jennifer