Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dream Rooms the Results Revealed!

Look #1
Picked by Lee Laurie, Rebecca and Teresa
1 vote for me

I've got a batch of living room eye candy for you from Country Living
Magazine. Your MISSION, should you choose t
o accept it...is to scroll
through the rooms and tell me which 1 or 2 you like best. Which one most
resembles your own home or better yet, which roo
m could you see
yourself living in. In what room would you feel most
at home, at ease?
Please leave me a comment and let me know! I'm just a little curious
which style YOU all would pick for yourselves! T
hen I want you to
guess what my pick would be and I'll let you know on the next post.
Just for fun, to keep you all in suspense and on th
e edges of your
seats!


Look #2
No Votes, poor lonely room!


Look #3
Picked by Valerie (if she had no little children or messy men to
contend with, lol!), Claudia, Rebecca, Leann, and Martha

Look #4
Picked by Leann, Christine and Gwendolyn
1 vote for me


Look #5
No one chose this room for themselves,
2 of you thought I chose this room!


Look #6
No votes


Look #7
Valerie also chose this room if she were a bachelorette and had
no fear of dirty paws!

Look #8
The imPerfect Housewife


Look #9
Picked by Debra


Look #10
Picked by Lee Laurie, Claudia, Aunt Amelia, and Pony Girl
1 vote for me

Look #11
No Votes


Look #12
No Votes


Look #13
Picked by Dusty Devoe and Debra
2 Votes for me

Look #14
No Votes


Look # 15
Picked by Pony Girl and Dusty Devoe
5 Votes for me, this was the room that got the most votes,
the room most of you thought I would choose...wrong!


Look #16
Picked by Aunt Amelia and Martha
1 vote for me


Look #17
No Votes


Look # 18
Picked by Claudia


Look # 19
Picked by Valerie, taking the kiddies and the Husband into consideration!
1 Vote for me

Look #20
No Votes


Look #21
Picked by Christine


None of the above!
Look #22



I hope you all found at least one room you liked, or something
close to what you like. Did you decide which rooms I love?!
Please let me know, I am going to re-post this with your names
under the rooms you chose and we'll see who has similar tastes!

Which room would you LOVE to enter when you walk
through the f
ront door!

Now what is my pick?




Room # 4! Only Christine guessed it right, but to be fair, she had three
guesses! This would be the living room I would love the most with a few
small changes. Change the coffee table for an ottoman, the gold to silver
(I LOVE silver), throw in lots of books and picture frames and there
you have it. I have decided I am a color girl. Give me rich reds and
browns and blues and rusts. However this is where my Gemini side
comes into play-my dual personalities if you will because..


This is my second favorite. A crisp white palate you can add color into
as the season changes, or your taste, or the fashion! I like too many
styles, especially the shabby look here. I think I'll take the first look for
Fall/winter and this look for Spring/Summer, can I do that?! Only
Lee Laurie chose this room for me.

Here is another view of the same room. Isn't it yummy!

I did love the pink room most of you chose, however I tend to keep
pink in my bedroom. I prefer softer colors in there.

Thanks everyone for playing along and congrats to Christine
and Lee Laurie for guessing right, you smart ladies!


27 comments:

Dusty Devoe said...

Great post Sares! My favorites are #13 & #15. #13 looks snuggly. Love the colors is #15. I think you like #15!!! #3 would be very peaceful. Add a cowhide rug and crystall chandlier with any of these and I will be happy!!! Auntie Dusty Devoe.

A Southern Rose said...

OMGosh! They are beautiful. So hard to choose! I love #1,#4,#10, and #16. I think that you would pick #10,#13, and #19. I like these too. My taste have been changing so much lately. I just realized that you only wanted us to pick one or two for ourselves...well...I would love to walk through the door at the end of the day to room #1 or #10. That would be awesome!

This was fun! I love dreaming!

Hugs,
Lee Laurie

Valerie said...

Wow...so many to choose from! I liked several so here is my run down...

#3 & #7 would be favorites if I was a single gal. With kiddos and a fire hubby ('nuff said!) those looks just don't work for my lifestyle, but hey, a girl can dream, right?!!!

#16 also speaks to my feminine sensibilities and I think #10 is the perfect blend of clean lines and comfort with that beautiful wooden staircase and slipcovered furniture,

But if I had to choose a style to live with today, keeping all other things in my life the same, I'd probably go with #19. The reds and golds are so warm, the two chair-and-a-half look perfect for snuggling with kiddos and the decor looks sturdy enough to withstand little fingers and big ones too! Ha!!!

I don't know about you...I think that #1 would appeal to you b/c of all its pinkness, but I think that you might also like one of the other rooms that has a more vintage feel...I can't get back to the pics w/o losing my post...I'll come back!

Debra@CommonGround said...

What a wonderful idea for a post! Let's see, I love all of them! and I so admire the white, but probably couldn't live with it. I love comfortable, vintage, and a bit of elegance, I think I chose #9 for a family space and #13 for a more formal area. I love them both. (hope I remembered the right numbers).
Debra

GwendolynKay said...

I love room #4! When I saw it my heart skipped a beat!! I didn't see my living room in there... ours is streamlined with leather furniture and a marble fireplace. That is for hubby....If I had my own little house it would be all flowers and cushions and such!
Blessings!
Gwen

The imPerfect Housewife said...

This is fun! Let's see, for me it would be #8 - a fireplace, lots of books, a window seat - that one's calling my name! For you, maybe #5?? It reminds me of Victorianish kinds of things and your blog reminds me of that,too. I can't wait to find out! ♥

Claudia said...

I think #3, #10, and #18. But that is because I have a taste for creamy whites lately. My house isn't that way. I've seen a lot of these photos before and there is something in every one of them that I like!

Rebecca Nelson said...

I love some of #1 but I truly adore #3. I betch you love #15.

xoRebecca

The Old Parsonage said...

I love numbers 4 and 3. Is this some kind of contest where you're really going to tell us that we've won a makeover:)

Number 3 would be great if I lived alone. My sports minded, hunting fishing men would never feel comfortable there.

Number 4 seems to remind me most of my style. Although none are really spot on.

This was fun!
Leann

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Sares: Boy, do I have a lot to say to you today. I want to first tell you that I loved my gifts. I loved everything you sent. My home smells wonderful. I am going to do a special post about your lovely gifts, I just had to say thank you.

My home is more like No 4 & 13. I would like my home to be more like 3 & 16. I don't think that will ever happen, I just cannot bring myself to paint the furniture white. Of well, it is nice to dream.

In case no one has told you today, you are the best. Blessings dear friend, Martha

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Ohhhhhhhh, yummy room eye-candy! :-) But ohh, too many! >,-)

1 or 2 of the rooms, which feel as if I resonate with them?

#16
#10

But neither are like my home, and neither fully resonate with me. [Picky aren't I? -grin-]

I love the look of soft, cushy furniture and white slipcovers so... both rooms have these aspects. But!

*My* colors are all shades of pink to rose to cranberry. Lots of those shades. With some gentle or grayish greens, for counter-point. And no room offered has them, as I'd like them.

#16 has a wee bit of rosey on cushions. I'd add lots more of *my* colors, here. And I'd add the same, to the basic white of #10.

Guess my over-riding issue, is color resonance. Then softness, and not too formal a look. Wonder if others have the same criteria? I'll go read the other comments now. And look forward to your next post, showing "who" picked "which." Funnnnnnnnnnn!!!

Aunt Amelia

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Ooops, didn't pick one, for you.

But I don't think I can. I'm very, very new to your blog, and don't really 'know' you as yet.

But I'm sooooo glad to have found you and look forward to getting to know you better.

Aunt Amelia

Abatevintage said...

Wooh Sares, I like look 17 :0)

I got the comment, send me an email to: hpabate@gmail.com and I will resend the html code for ya, it's no bother don't worry. I am here for ya. I emailed so many people that night not sure which email is which so send another and I will send it to ya sweety.

Blessings,
Heidi

Unknown said...

Oh, Sares, you made this really tough! I love all the rooms for different reasons, but if I have to pick just one I'd have to say #1. I love the look and feel of this room. Of course, it's only in my dreams . . . with three dogs and three parrots that look wouldn't stay that look for long!

I'd say that one of the rooms you like is . . . #15. I saw it and it just said Sares to me . . .

Until tomorrow!

Blessings,
Teresa

Pony Girl said...

For you, I'd say #15 or 16!
For me, I'd say #10 or 15! They are all so nice! I love looking at idea books.....so inspiring! It's hard to believe people live in these places though....where is their big pile of mail, LOL!?

xinex said...

So many beautiful rooms to choose from. I like #'s 21, 11, 8, 6 and
4. #21 would be my top choice and # 4 will come next.

I think you will pick # 5, 13 and 14.....Christine

Vicki said...

Hi, Sares,
This was fun! I pick #4 as my first place and #16 as my second place vote. Congratulations on your award from Gwendolyn, too! I love to visit your beautiful and interesting stories here at Loveleigh Treasures! Blessings to you, dear friend. Vicki

Vicki said...

I see now that your award was from Teresa. I apologize, but it is a wonderful award and well deserved for you!

Unknown said...

#15 of course, of course, it brings out the Barbie girl in me! I loved this post, very creative and free and fun!
However, my favorite home would be the one I live in now. It's not tudor on the outside but it is old world charm tudor on the inside with old world Scandanavian. Of course, a home for gnomes includes old clocks that go tick tock and a sewing area to repair gnome caps.

Desert Rose said...

So...maybe this is one of your best ever posts! We all got to dream of the possibilites! My picks are 1&15 very simular and I have had a pink living room before. However...my tastes have changed. #2 probably reflecks more what I have now...you didn't put a western one in the mix!!! But I just loved #21 and would have to say it's my #1 choice! I never would have picked 4 for you!!!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sares,

What a wonderful post and I have only just found a minute to come and visit.
I guess the competition is over.
There are so many fabulous rooms and I think my favourites are 10, 16, 19.
We are thinking of changing our green lounge, as it is time for a change, so some lovely ideas here.
thank you.

enjoy your weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Hi Sares!

Now that's a fun post! I see I'm too late to pick the one you would love....

I love number one....sort of has that old south feel...number 7, but I'd have to add curtains...I'm a curtain girl...I loved the floor in number 16 and the pink sofas in number 15, although I'd never go for them... :-)

It was fun to see your choices...so homey and cozy.

Have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Spencer

Bearly Sane said...

Sorry I missed this Sares ... looked like it would have been fun.
But to be honest ... my room's not there ... but that't to be expected, my taste is a bit weird!
BTW thanks for the comment on my pixie.
Warmest hugs,
Sandi

Michaeljacksonlover1 said...

Hi Sares, my name is Isabel. I am Fairy footprints daughter. I asked mom if I could join your site, i love your blog. I was wondering if you could join me too. Please come by and visit me.

Sincerly,
Isabel
The Thriller is gone

Michaeljacksonlover1 said...

Hi Sares, its me again thanks for joining me I wanted more people to join my blog because I asked my mom when I get more followers if I could have a giveaway?But I couldn't have a giveaway if I just have family members if I just had family members I shouldn't have the giveaway then I should just give it to them in person.I really love your blog and I hope I get to know you more!

Sincerly,
The Thriller is gone

C. JoyBell C. said...

How could I have possibly missed this one??? This IS so much fun!!!

I LOVE number 3 and number 15!!! :)))

C. JoyBell C. said...

But of course, number 1 is pink, so, but!!! to live in??? i'd have to say #3 and #15!!! :))