Friday, March 9, 2012

Pink Saturday


Happy PINK!!!

I went to a local rummage sale this morning. We were a bit early and there was already a line at the door. As soon as we were let in, the people were swarming like bees! I usually don't hit this type of sale this early and it was funny to watch, and a bit frustrating. People can be greedy. They didn't have much, I only got one old platter. Which didn't fill my need to shop so we hit the Goodwill next where my Aunt found 5 of these plate for me.




The pattern is called Southern Belle by Nasco and is accented with 22 carat gold. Quite pretty I thought. I found a few other goodies too but the guy in line behind me started chatting up a storm and got me so distracted I forgot to use my 10% off coupon. Drat. He is a dedicated shopper, shows up every day. He had to tell me about all the Goodwill's within a 90 mile radius and which ones have the best stuff.  Then there was the lady that had an entire basket of junk in her cart. Come to find out she sells on Ebay and Etsy. Now I know why I haven't been able to find anything there all Winter. Not only do you have to compete with all the local vendors but the online sellers as well. It's tough out there!



Wishing you a Happy Pink Saturday and a big thank you to Beverly from How Sweet The Sound for hosting for us every week!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, it is tough out there. I love the plates. Hopefully, things will get better soon. The auction/storage shows are killing us here.

Have a lovely PS weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

~Giveaway ends 3/15 ~

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Pretty plate, Sares! I love those couples on china; so romantic! I love that chair in your previous post too; how gorgeous! Happy Pinks and thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

Jeanie said...

How lovely! What a terrific find! Happy weekend!

Jeanie from The Marmelade Gypsy

Slice of Pie said...

Love those plates. I can see them hanging in a pretty pink bedroom! Hope you'll stop by my site to check out the details of the new Monday blog party I'll be hosting. Anything goes, as log as it makes us smile! Thanks for sharing your super GW finds!

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

What an enchanting plate, Sares! It is getting to be dog eat dog out there to find really nice things...it seems everyone is selling online!
HPS!
♥ Jil

BG said...

Great plates mate! Same thing happens here, all the traders get their early and snap up the good stuff...sometimes they are there before people have opened for trade. I think the word for them is VULTURES!

Never mind Sares, what goes around, comes around.

LV said...

I have found it is really not worth going to estate sales. People act like that is the last thing on earth and they got to get it first.

J.Rylie.C said...

So pretty! Come link with me with my Color Connection meme.

Broken Leg with a bit of pink. Have a great weekend.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sares,

Wishing you a lovely weekend.
I love the sweet plates, very Marie Antoinette and so romantic.
Agree with you there are greedy people out there, who don't care about anyone else.

Sending hugs
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday
Full of romance.
Wishes
Lynne

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

HPS!


What a beautiful plate!



Gabriela

Unknown said...

Well, let me tell you lady, if I was standing beside you in Goodwill or a garage sale, I would share! Greed! We have a person here that got kicked out of all the thrift stores except ours because he is such a nasty vulture.
My suggestion: Pray! God will provide, just what you need.

Cathy said...

Hi Sares,

I know what you mean about Garage sales and such. People are downright rude. Sometimes they will even try to take things right out of your hand. Unbelievable isn't it. I try to shop when I can enjoy myself. I do love the thrill of a big sale, but I get a little overwhelmed too.

You did find a lovely plate and that was worth the trip I would say. Hope you had fun just the same.

xo Cathy

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Great find! I just love finding beautiful goodies at the local flea markets and antique shops!