Monday, July 4, 2011

Antique Fest 2011



My town is having it's annual Antique Fest this weekend.  So if you are in the neighborhood, halfway between Portland and Seattle, come on by!



The Downtown area where we have our booth is actually called "antique row" due to all the antique shops in such a small area.



They close down two of the side streets and bring in a variety of vendors.



There are lots of goodies to be found.



Most of the shops offer discounts, including ours, usually anywhere from 10%~40% off.


The shops also put merchandise out on the sidewalks.

This was our small section of sidewalk we were allotted last year. I'm not sure if it will be as fancy this year. I am NOT hauling the rug outside and it was too hard to cover all the small things at night if the wind blew the coverings around. So it will probably be mostly furniture outside.




There will be plenty of good junk for everyone!



There is also a local Farmer's Market on Friday before more vintage/antique vendors set up shop for Saturday. It's lots of fun and this year the weather is promising to be perfect, in the low to mid 70's. However don't quote me on that because this IS Washington!



I'm getting ready to haul more things to the booth to sell for weekend. These table will be headed up there.



Before



  After the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint treatment.



Also going is this antique walnut cabinet I bought this weekend at a garage sale...



and this chippy shabby white desk...



and this poor little old lady. She's been waiting patiently for her moment in the sun and will finally get to see if she can find a new home...




and this wrought iron plant stand. Not to mention lots of little treasures I need to get cleaned up, priced, wrapped and packed up. Ahhh, the joys of a vendor!


13 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh how I wish I lived closer! This looks fabulous! Your tables turned out amazing...and I want that shabby white desk too. Good luck!

Hugs,
Rebecca

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sares,

Oh what fun and I wish I lived nearby so I could get to go and check out the Antique Fest. Love the tables and the desk.
Have a great time and much luck.

Hugs
Carolyn

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Sares,
You've got some great pieces ready to be sold. I'm sure they will all be gone quickly.

Good luck with your sale!

hugs
Sissie

Town and Country Gals said...

Sares,
Wow, that looks amazing! Saw some stuff I would love to have, those tablecloths, those bikes, how cool.
Your stuff looks wonderful, you always do such a great job! I'm sure it will fly out the window, or should I say off the sidewalk!
Rebecca

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Oh what amazing treasures! That Antique Fest looks like so much fun! :)

Unknown said...

The only thing missing is Mr. Richard Yard Art! Ha, I'll never forget that. Is he still living there?

This is the weekend of the Palmer Wirf show in Portland. My husbands vacation got all screwed up (that was another crappy event of last week) so it does not look like we can go unless we drive down in one day and come back. UGH!

The street fair looks so much fun. It was fun to see the town again...memory lane for me.

Thanks for your love poured out to me on that jack rabbit builder/owner in our area. It looks like we might get some favor and we won't have to go to a hearing at this point. I have to write a detailed letter with receipts and all that. However, it's a mystery how it's running mud now and not water. I never thought the gnomes had an enemy but maybe they stole someones flowers or something. Forgive...practice, practice, forgive.

Sorry it's taking me awhile to get back here but your always popping into my thoughts.

lvroftiques said...

Tara I just went last week. I even stopped by your space! *winks* I took a few pictures but my camera was on the fritz or something....anyhoo I found something for ya with your name on it (well at least in MHO) *winks* Stop by for a visit and see...Vanna

YONKS said...

Hi,
I am your newest follower and found you via Delusions of Grandeur. Lovely post, the photos are great and really convey the atmosphere of the markets. You are lucky to have this close by.
Dianne
YONKS UK
XOXO

Bearly Sane said...

Sounds like an exciting weekend ahead for you Sares.

I have an outing planned for Sunday providing this stinking rain nicks off!

Hope you have great sales.
Warmest hugs,
Sandi

C. JoyBell C. said...

Wish I could be there! Love that Easter-egg blue plate!

Sareski, have you received my book already? I'd just like to know, because my aunt once complained of her order's late arrival.

Bells

The Old Parsonage said...

I wish that I lived closer too. Everything looks fab and I'm sure that you will do well. You girls have a great idea.

Enjoy and send some cool breezes our way.

Leann

Jenna said...

Hi Sares! I hope you had a nice 4th :o) I wish I could have gone to the antique fest!!!! :O( my town never has anything like that. I did go antiquing with my mom to a few shops here but NOTHING in comparison to your fest... LOL!! I found a few things which I'll be showing in a post eventually. I also saw a few things in your pictures that I want... like the tables you painted...they are gorgous!!!! Have a nice week and don't work too hard! hugs, Jennifer

Robyn Story said...

Thank you so much for posting our Mountain of Giveaway button to your sidebar. I am now your newest follower!! If I lived close enough I'd be on antique row daily!! Probably a good thing I don't!! Love your Annie Sloan projects as well! Thanks again.