Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy Anniversary All That Jazz!






Today was the one year anniversary of All That Jazz. We opened our booth for business this time last year. We started off in the same shop we are in now, The Painted Lady Vintage. We were tucked upstairs in a corner half the size of what we have now. It was half the price too!

It took us 5 hours to unpack all our boxes and set up for business. We had A LOT of smalls. We were worried we wouldn't have enough product to fill the shelves but we managed to stuff it to the gills!





I told you we had a lot of smalls! Most of these things have all sold by now. I can spot about 10 things that seem to be hanging around still. It's fun to look back and see what has sold. That's why I take tons of pictures. It's a great way for me to see what's sold. I'm a visual person so it's easier to tell from a picture what merchandise has gone out the door and our tags aren't always descriptive enough to tell us what an item is months down the road.





When we started we had several "display only" pieces too. Like the mannequin and the door and turquoise picture frame above. That has changed. Now if it's in the booth, it's pretty much for sale or don't put it in.
We were only in this space a month when a spot opened up downstairs and it was offered to us. We hesitated slightly because we didn't have any large display pieces but the shop owner offered to let us use some from the shop and we were off and running.





Downstairs! Things came downstairs much faster than they went up, let me tell you! All the furniture is borrowed except for the rocking chair and the bench. We started setting up at 10:00 and had to hurry because Girl's Night Out Started at 4:00. We made it with half an hour to spare.





SPRING 2010





EARLY SUMMER 2010





MID SUMMER 2010





LATE SUMMER 2010





AUTUMN 2010





CHRISTMAS 2010





WINTER 2010





MID WINTER 2011





LATE WINTER 2011





ALMOST SPRING! 2011


One Year Later
What a RIDE it's been!


Happy 1st Anniversary All That Jazz!!!







16 comments:

Bearly Sane said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary Sares ... it's been fun being along for the ride, lets hope the next year is even more successful than the last!
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane / Ess D'Ess Bears

Annette said...

Congratulations! Hope you have many, many more anniversaries!
Hugs,
Annette

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sares,

Happy Anniversary for All that Jazz!
And a big Congratulations.
I enjoyed seeing the wonderful merchandise in the shop.
Here's to a wonderful year ahead.

Enjoy your Sunday
Hugs
Carolyn

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Sares: Happy Anniversay! It is a thrill to see what you have done. I am so proud of you. If we lived closer, I would give you a big hug. Well, done my friend, Hugs, Martha

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Sares!
Happy Anniversary to All That Jazz and to you. I have really enjoyed seeing your gorgeous booth! Looks like humble beginnings turned into a fabulous space! I love the way you use your space and keep it full of lots of pretties. You have a great eye for arranging items but still allowing customers space to move around inside.

I wish you continued success!

hugs
Sissie

Deb said...

Happy Anniversary...congratulations...
here's to many many more years..

Claudia said...

Happy Anniversary to All That Jazz!

xo
Claudia

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sares!

Manni said...

Happy Anniversary Sares :)
I think I would have a field day in your store!!!! I think you've done an amazing job!!
Keep up the good work!!
too bad you live so far, otherwise I would be there everyday shopping :)
hugs
Manni

Jenna said...

All That Jazz has come a long way...Happy Anniversary! my gosh I can't believe all the changes and all the wonderful things that have come and gone...I still wish I lived closer, your shop would be my total go-to store...Congratulations!! hugs, Jennifer

Micki said...

Happy Anniversary! The store looks incredible! I wish that I could visit.
Micki

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Honey I can't believe it has already been a year since you started your shop. Wow it is true time does fly. I remember your first post about this and how nervous and excited you were.
Congrats on your first big year. I hope this next one is twice as good.
Your sweet comment about my writing has me thrilled of course. You know I appreciate it so much that you did this and I can not thank you enough
Love ya
Maggie

C. JoyBell C. said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Sareski!

I must say, I AM feeling very proud of you, girl! Look at you and your big, beautiful store! I want to settle somewhere and own a store like yours, one day! :) You must be very happy, and how wonderful that is! :)

Love you,
Bells ♥

Dorota said...

Your blog is realy great!
hugs
Dorota
www.jewellerybijou.com

Unknown said...

Goodness, has it already been a year? What a treat it has been watching your booth grow. I'm happy you are still going at it.
Thinking of you with blue skies above!

The Old Parsonage said...

Hi Sares

Congrats and well done girls! Everything looks so seemless and loveleigh:)

I have so enjoyed watching and reading about your progress!

Here's to many more successful years to come!
Leann