Monday, June 22, 2015

A New Home For All That Jazz

All That Jazz~ old spot at ABUNDANCE VINTAGE

Last month I said goodbye to the space/shop All That Jazz has called home for the last 5 years. The building we were located in is for sale and we were told there was a "sale pending". Therefore, our shop owner made the decision to close her wonderful store in April.

It took about a week for me to find another shop to move Jazz into, but thankfully I found one and it was my first and probably only choice and just up the street from where I was before. I am still sad and disappointed my previous shop, Abundance Vintage closed, it was a wonderful place to have a booth and Susan, the shop owner was marvelous. However the shop owner at my new space is a real sweetheart and I am extremely thankful she made room for me.

I cleared out my bigger furniture pieces in a sale so I could start my new space with fresh pieces. I had about a 3 week grace period to prepare before I moved to my new spot at "The Shady Lady".




Here is my new space when I arrived to set up, "pre Jazz", all prepped with fresh paint, extension cords ready for lamps and a ladder for hanging things! Yes, my new shop owner Holly rocks!




AFTER!

Two and a half hours later, with the help of my Mom and Aunt (previous members of Jazz) we had everything all set up! It was a great relief to get everything settled after 6 weeks of stress and worry about having to move and how things would set up and fit in. I am very glad to finally be settled and after 2 weeks things seem to be going pretty well. I just hope many of my previous customers follow me there. Now I get to get on with the business of picking and painting!

UPDATE:

I have been in my new space now for almost 2 months and things seem to be going well. I think I am still waiting for some of my faithful customers to find me and for my new shop customers to adjust to my style! The new shop has a completely different style/vibe than where I was located before and I believe the customer base is a bit different. But I will just keep plugging along and see how things go through summer to get a better idea of which direction my sales will go. Here are a few current photos as of yesterday...




















2 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Tara,
I'm going through the same thing right now. The owner of our building has decided to sell it and we have to be out by the end of August. I've been stressed out about the whole thing.
I'm glad you posted about your new space. It looks very pretty and I'm sure your old customers will find you.

Luckily you were able to move into a space nearby. That's not the case for me but I'll keep plugging along.

Great to see you are blogging.

hugs
Sissie

Deanna said...

Hi Sares! Long time no see...:D
Sorry you had to move but hopefully your previous customers will hear about you being across the street. I've been away from blogger for so long and I wondered how many of my old blogger friends were still around. Good to see that you are still here!

Deanna :D