Do I EVER blog anymore? Hardly. It's been almost a year and I still can't get my blogging "mojo" back. Hope it's not gone forever!
This is a recent piece I finished. I found it at a thrift shop and fell in love with it. I decided to paint it pure white. It also has a mirror that isn't shown in these pictures.
A new trend I've been seeing online is the painting of the inside of the drawers. I used ASCP Provance Blue for the drawers.
Here it is in place at All That Jazz with the mirror attached.
A close up with a stool I found at a garage sale and painted and recovered to match. Last I heard the vanity was placed on layaway for a customer who is giving her daughter's room a makeover.
This second piece I found at the Goodwill. It was a little scruffy and I had to remove all the veneer from the drawers but it's a very solid and well built little piece of furniture.
I tried out the freezer paper/printer method I've been reading about from fellow bloggers and it actually worked pretty great. I had to do the lettering part on the fold down desk twice because I got it on crooked the first time. Brilliant I know. It's a good thing I used ASCP so I could just sand it off. I'm excited to try it again. The ASCP was a special mix. I was going for a vintage pink but didn't quite attain the color I wanted. Sorry I couldn't get any really good pictures, the lighting was wonky.
The inside is painted a gray/khaki color I had already. Regular latex satin paint. I wasn't up to the task of waxing and buffing all those cubbies!
In place at all That Jazz. Again, another bad picture. The graphics just don't show up. The desk in person is super cute and the pictures don't do it justice. I didn't paint the drawers inside on this one, just lined them with zebra print paper.
This table I found at a garage sale. My Mom and I had no sooner gotten it to the curb, on the way to the truck when someone stopped to see if it was for sale! Nope, not until I cleaned her up, painted her and sealed her up.
I wanted a cottage feel for this drop leaf table. I chose Behr's Reef Green in satin. First the whole thing got a coat of ASCP Pure White. I knew it would stick great and give me the undercoat I wanted when I shabbied her up.
After painting 2 coats and then distressing, I gave the whole thing a coat of water based wipe on poly. the table top got 3 coats. It's still waiting to go to Jazz. Soon, I think!