Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Funky Junk Saturday...



Saturday morning we Jazz girls loaded in the truck, brought specifically in case a piece of furniture was purchased, at the CRACK of dawn to head to Junk Salvation  in Hillsboro to get our JUNK on!



Starbucks in hand, we cruised 90 miles down the road on a mission. First stop, pick up my big sister in Portland at her house and use the little girl's room before we left because that early morning coffee was kicking in! We let her chauffeur us to our junkin destination, she is familiar with the roads so she got to drive and did a pretty good job, we only took one wrong turn thanks to weird directions from Mapquest.


Tara aka Sares, Jeanette, Janet, and Michelle

Here we are, looking a little worse for wear I must say. It's still early and we look ready for a nap already.
Maybe it was the photographer?! Sorry Sis!



Once we were in the door, I hit the ground running. I was disappointed when I looked back through my pictures and didn't have any photos of the girls but the one above. I hate to say it but I sorta took off on my own. I guess I didn't want them slowing me down, cramping my style, putting a hitch in my giddy-up! I have discovered I like to do a really fast once over at these types of events and then go back through slower the second time, whereas some of the others prefer to go slower at the start.



I was enthralled form the start. There was so much to see that I could hardly take it all in. And I didn't. I've seen other people's posts and they have pictures of things I don't even remember seeing! Bummer.



There were lots of pops of pink all around. Even amongst all the whites, pink is still holding it's own.
Go PINK!



Some of that white I was talking about. I loved the chippy white metal against the worn wood.



There were several amazing mannequins but this one was my favorite. I wanted her skirt. She wouldn't let me have it, she said she didn't bring another and she didn't want to flash her skivvies to all the junk maniacs.
Go figure.



So pretty.



Ahhhhh ticking, my beautiful ticking....



Now THIS is some serious bling.



Sweet treats.



Fun and funky with a feather in her cap.



Fabulous nest! This is the vendor I bought my first purchase from. A fantastic burlap and
vintage material shopping bag.






That candelabra almost came home with me.
I eyed it several times because I made about 4 laps around the place.



More yummy chippy furniture.




There was lots of junkin love in the place. Some of the booths were PACKED. 
I missed out on alot of photos I wanted because there were too many people in my way!
Man, people people everywhere!



This is the sort of sofa you could curl up and take a nap on.



There were so many beautiful things to see. It must have taken forever to set all this up.
Not to mention packaging and pricing.






There were several adorable trailers set up you could go into. I DIDN'T! I felt so weird like
I was invading someone's personal space. Now I SO wish I would have!









Those yellow corbels (is that what they are?), they are so cool! I bet they're heavy but what a statement they would make in a  room.



There were lots of those blue Mason jars scattered about that Michelle posted on. I have a stash of them in the cupboard getting ready to head up to the booth this Spring.  Gotta love that aqua.



There were these awesome french pillows everywhere. I need to make some of these for our booth. They're gorgeous. I just have to figure out how to do it since I don't sew. And I need stencils and they're spendy.



There was lots of sparkly too!



Spring is on the way!



More of those beautiful pillows. I bought some sweet smelling soap and a lavender sachet from this booth, Sparrow. There were so many wonderful vendors and such an extraordinary amount of talent in that one building. It was such a lot of fun and I came home filled with inspiration. Thank you Funky Junk Sisters
for putting on such a terrific show!

P.S. No furniture was purchased during the process of this shopping trip. Nevertheless we managed to fill the back of the truck half full. Could have been worse with 5 girls shopping at one time! There was more shopping after we finished here. Stay tuned....




8 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh Wow!!! Now that's my kind of shopping...I saw quite a few things I wouldn't have minded having... :O)

Anonymous said...

What fun!!! That is some serious eye candy Sares!! I bet you girls shopped it up. I would have gone nuts in there!! So many pretties!!! Love it!!! Good thing you had a truck, can't wait to see what all you bought. ;) Have a lovely day my friend.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

OMG!!! Oh how I wish that I could have been there to see all these lovely things in person.
I am just sitting here drooling over everything. The chairs with the ruffled seat cushions really make me envious!

I'm glad that you had a good time. I know I would have!

hugs
Sissie

Unknown said...

I'm jealous, I have been stuck doing stuff in the shop or at home because of the weather. I needed some inspiration and you certain gave me some. I love the french pillows but I'm in the same boat. No furniture, ah? Was it because the prices? I'm having a hard time finding pieces that I can buy for resale. I have never been able to buy at the shows for resale and even the flea markets are getting that way around here, let's forget about Craiglist. Then there is Goodwill and Sally. Since when are this places more expensive than an antique store? Crazy. I'm sure you have a great time there and sometimes that is the one thing we get to take home. Blessings, Marta.

Bearly Sane said...

What a fabulous shopping trip to take...junk heaven for sure!! Thanks for sharing all those wonderful photos Sares...I am drooling at the mouth...drip! drip!
Those wacky hats really caught my eye...have always had a facination for hats...have a collection but hardly ever wear them, just like looking at them. LOL!!
Our BMV online show starts tonight and runs all weekend so no doubt it wil be a few days before I get back to blogging again...drop by if you have time.
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Ess D'Ess Bears and Bearly Sane Studio

Simply Debbie said...

DEAR SARES,
I AM SO HAPPY YOU HAD A WONDERFUL TIME AND I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE BEEN THERE WITH YOU.
MY COMPUTER IS A DINOSAUR SO I WILL COME BACK EARLY MORNING WHEN IT IS NOT AS BUSY.
I DROPPED BY TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE A DESERVING AWARD FOR YOU AT MY BLOG...IF YOU CAN'T ACCEPT IT, I UNDERSTAND.
HAVE A SUGAR SWEET DAY MY FRIEND
ANGEL HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE

The Old Parsonage said...

Hey There

Next time stop by and pick me up too! What a fun time you all must have had. The photos are fab and the junk looks divine!

Enjoy your weekend!
Leann

Unknown said...

Oh, Tara, it is divine! I want one of everything ... BUT ... most of all I'd love to get in touch with her for the spoon necklaces ...

Great pics of you 4 gals. Glad yo all had such a lovely time. Nothing like friends together for a day of fun.

Happy Valentine's ~
Have a beautiful weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon