Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend Treats...



Anyone else head to the stores and do a little shopping this weekend? I'm guilty. I hit up the $1-$5 bins at Michaels. I love a good bargain. They are carrying this line called Treasures by Shabby Chic. I'm not sure if it's affiliated with Rachel Ashwell but I am LOVING it!  I found this journal and pretty pens and a little fairy mirror compact to keep in my purse.




Then I found a notepad with my initial and some too cute note cards. These were all in the $1 bins. Does anyone else have a fascination with stationary items? I can remember as a little girl loving the aisles full of perfectly lined up papers, different colored pens  and pencils and office supplies. I love pretty little notecards in this day and age of emailing and cell phones.




Now this purty little box is the reason for the trip in the first place. My sweet Cousin bought one last week and I knew I had to get one of my own. I haven't had a new recipe box since 9th grade foods class 20+ years ago.

Man I can't believe it's been that long. I'm getting old.

Back to the little box...my old one is an ugly gray plastic whose lid hasn't properly closed for years so this is a welcome addition.




I had to get some of these fun recipe cards to go with it. I have tons of recipes I've saved from bloggers I need to get written down. Most of them are desserts. The dessert section in my recipe box is the largest. Don't tell anyone.



Then there's THIS. 

I have been wanting a new camera that's smaller I can carry in my purse and this baby fit the bill. I love Canon cameras. I have a larger camera that is a Nikon and after a year of use I'm not in love with it. It's entirely possible however the reason is the camera operator, maybe I'm just not using it right. It takes horrible indoor pictures. I'm hoping the new camera is better.

So yeah, I was a bit of a bad girl this weekend and I can't say next weekend will be any better. There's a shopping trip in the works with the ladies of Jazz and my big Sister.

Could spell T.R.O.U.B.L.E.

I plan to do most of my shopping for the Jazz booth though. It helps when you aren't spending your own money. You get the fun of shopping without the dent in your wallet.

Hope you all had a marvelous weekend and are ready for the week ahead!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sares, you are not going to believe it but I did hit the Michael bins too this weekend! LOL. I got some Shabby Chic cards, and some darling clothespins. And went nuts with the Paula Deen recipes cards. Can you believe this stuff was in the $1 and $3 bins? You finds were beautiful!

Angie
Linen + Verbena

All That Jazz said...

Ha ha, copycat! ;-) I knew you'd love that stuff. I will have to go get more recipe cards, there weren't many in the sets and I want to snag some before they are gone. They'd be fun gifts, too! I think the line is associated w/Rachel, probably similar to her line for Target. I love stationary, too! I don't use it too often but I do find that once in a while I'm glad I have a fun selection of notecards to chose from. I try to write thank yous for gifts (notice I have not done my Xmas ones yet, LOL!)
xo

Jenna said...

I shopped but it was online, hubby had to work and I had house cleaning...yuck! we decided to go today but when we got up he was tired and I still had things to get done...love michaels,there isn't one close to me but when we do day trips, watch out!!! LOL! love the pens and journal and the little mirror...I have a canon Powershotdon't know what I would do without it... will always by canon over any other...Have fun on your shopping trip!

Bearly Sane said...

After 12 years of running my own printing business I am all over stationery Sares, but I have been shopping for bears. Seems there are a few of us bitten by the shopping bug these past few days.
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Ess D'Ess Bears and Bearly Sane Studio

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Sares,
Great stuff you got at Michaels.
I'm going to hit them up this week too.

hugs
Sissie

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Sweet finds! So are you liking your camera? I need a new one and have been trying to save up for a big one but I'm thinking it'll probably be about like you described. I'm not technically savvy.
Dessert recipes are the most fun to collect. As long as it stays a recipe, it's calorie free!

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Sares~I lurve the Michaels bins. I've thought on several occasions...i should pick up a few of these items to have on hand for adding a little extra to a gift or even as stocking stuffers.
Sweet wishes,
Sara

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

P.S. I had the same issues with my old camera...it was a camera meant for landscape shots at a distance.
My new Sony has a macro setting, which has helped being the majority of my photos are close ups.
I'm still trying to figure out how to work it, not sure I ever will, lol.

Sweet Wishes,
Sara

Deb said...

I love stationary...great finds...

Desert Rose said...

Sares...enjoy your new toy!!! I know you will know everything about it in less than a week!